Zoning and Subdivision Revision
The Dorset Planning Commission is working on a comprehensive revision to the town’s Zoning and Subdivisions Bylaws, including a complete replacement of the zoning map and districts. The changes would affect all property in town. This holistic review and revision to the town’s regulations was recommended in the 2020 Dorset Town Plan.
A full draft of the Dorset Land Use and Development Regulations and a draft Zoning Map are now available for public review. The Dorset Planning Commission will be hosting Community Meetings to present the draft, answer questions and take comments on Thursday, June 9 and Wednesday, July 6. Both meetings will be held at in the Dorset School gymnasium at 7 p.m. To familiarize yourself with the proposed regulations prior to those meetings:
- You can use the online map to find your property or other area in Dorset that you are interested in. The link will show you two maps side-by-side. The currently adopted zoning map is on the left and the proposed zoning map is on the right. The zoning districts are shown in a different colors.
- You can enter an address in the search box (upper right) or just pan and zoom to find a specific location.
- If you click on a location, a box will pop-up and tell you what the existing and proposed zoning districts are for that location.
- Once you know the proposed zoning districts you are interested in learning more about, you can download the handouts for those districts (below). There are also other informational handouts available.
- You can also download a copy of the proposed regulations and maps (below).
- You can ask questions or make comments through the contact form (below).
- You can attend the Community Meetings scheduled for June 9 and July 6. Both meetings will be held at in the Dorset School gymnasium at 7 p.m.
- If you want to get paper copies of the handouts, maps or proposed regulations, contact the Dorset Town Office. Printed copies of the handouts and small-scale maps will also be available at the Community Meetings.
Documents Available for Download
In addition to a PDF of the proposed regulations in their entirety, there are also a series of maps and handouts available for download.
- Proposed Maps
- Proposed Zoning Map (entire town)