The Londonderry Planning Commission is working on a comprehensive revision to the town’s Zoning Bylaw, including a complete replacement of the zoning map and districts. The changes would affect all property in town. This holistic review and revision to the Zoning Bylaw was recommended in the 2017 Londonderry Town Plan.
Due to continuing Covid-19 emergency, the Planning Commission has been unable to hold a planned series of public meetings to present the draft regulations to the community, answer questions and receive feedback. Instead, we have created a series of videos and hand-outs so Londonderry residents, property owners and business owners can learn about and comment on the proposed regulations remotely.
How to Participate
We recommend that you follow the steps below to familiarize yourself with the proposed regulations:
- Use the google map below to find your property or other area in Londonderry that you are interested in. Each district is shown in a different color as indicated in the key at the bottom of the map. If you can’t tell what district you are in, try clicking on the map. A box will pop-up and tell you what the proposed zoning district is for that location.
- Watch the 5-minute video for that proposed zoning district. The video presentation provides an overview of the zoning revision project and a summary of the pertinent information for your zoning district. It will help orient you to the proposed regulations and tries to answer what we think will be some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Download the handouts for the district(s) you are interested in.
- Follow the link to the full draft of the regulations and the large-scale version of the zoning map. You can download those documents as PDFs and comment on the online version.
- Ask questions or make comments through the contact form at the bottom of the page. If you want to get paper copies of the handouts, map or proposed regulations, contact the Londonderry Town Office at 824-3356.
1. Draft Zoning Map
This is proposed zoning map for Londonderry under consideration by the Planning Commission. It is entirely new and would change the zoning districts for all land in town. The proposed map is similar to the current map, however, with districts for the village centers, Magic Mountain, other commercial areas and the rural areas of town.
Having trouble with the map? Download a file you can open directly if you have Google Earth installed on your device here.
2. Zoning District Videos
Double click to open the videos in full screen mode. Each video is approximately 5 minutes long.
VILLAGE MIXED USE
Click the buttons below to open a two-page handout for each proposed zoning district with the complete list of dimensional standards, allowed uses and any other special standards for that district. There is also a handout with summary tables of the dimensional standards and allowed uses for all districts, which includes a definition for each of the listed uses.
Londonderry Unified Development Regulations (public review draft). A PDF file of the full document that you can read and leave comments on online, or that you can download or print.
Proposed Zoning Map (public review draft). A PDF of the large-scale townwide map that you can view and leave comments on online.